Involved in broadcasting or want to be? Into Canadian politics and public affairs? Then we’d like to hear from you. CPAC offers challenging careers in a unique national public affairs broadcasting environment. Our broadcast center at the World Exchange Plaza in downtown Ottawa is a state-of-the-art facility just two blocks from the corridors of power — while Ottawa itself offers a quality of life that many feel is unparalleled.
CPAC is committed to the principle of employment equity. While remaining sensitive to the issue of fair and equitable treatment for all, we will seek to establish a workplace representative of the people we serve by implementing employment equity policies and procedures with respect to Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women (i.e. “the designated groups”).
POSITION: Computer Graphic Designer
STATUS: Full Time
POSTING PERIOD: June 12, 2017 – June 26, 2017
The Cable Public Affairs Channel, CPAC, Canada’s only privately-owned, national, bilingual, not-for-profit public affairs television network is seeking an experienced Computer Graphic Designer to join our team. This individual will have a keen eye for detail and a good visual sense of composition to create and implement special elements for live shows and pre-packaged shows and provide art direction and graphics for special projects. The individual will work closely with our Digital team to deliver a mix of graphic design, content development and technical competency.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Analyse the graphic elements for all platforms and communication tools and create compelling and comprehensive design for the channel and other promotional materials with input from the Executive Producer, producers and communication personnel;
- In collaboration with the Studio Director and show producers, create effects for CPAC’s shows including full quarter frame graphics, special boards and charts as required for CPAC production and graphics specific to special programs, segments and election coverage;
- Develop and create pre-packaged elements and templates with the on-air CG system;
- Work with CPAC’s technical department in the creation, delivery and integration of graphics including the development of automation templates;
- With direction from the Senior Manager of Communications, create, develop and deliver graphics for print items, online products, signage, video displays and set/vehicle decals.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required):
- Certificate, diploma or degree from a technical college in electronics, radio/television production, or equivalent experience;
- Five years’ experience in television and graphic production;
- Required to work shifts, evening and weekends; must be available to work overtime;
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and French preferred;
- Is competent with software packages such as Adobe Creative Suite, Cinema 4D, Chyron for the creation of graphics, basic word processing and production software equipment;
- Possess a good visual sense of composition and proofreading capacity;
- Works well as a member of a team and can develop and maintain positive work relationships with co-workers, supervisors and talent;
- Ability to work to exacting standards under high stress situations;
- Maintains an environment that recognizes, supports, respects and welcomes diversity of employees.
Please forward resume by midnight on Monday June 26, 2016 to:
Human Resources, CPAC
1750-45 O’Connor Street
CPAC is an equal opportunity employer.