Involved in broadcasting or want to be? Into Canadian politics and public affairs? Then we’d like to hear from you. CPAC offers challenging careers in a unique national public affairs broadcasting environment. Our broadcast center at the World Exchange Plaza in downtown Ottawa is a state-of-the-art facility just two blocks from the corridors of power — while Ottawa itself offers a quality of life that many feel is unparalleled.
CPAC is committed to the principle of employment equity. While remaining sensitive to the issue of fair and equitable treatment for all, we will seek to establish a workplace representative of the people we serve by implementing employment equity policies and procedures with respect to Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women (i.e. “the designated groups”).
POSITION: Master Control Operator (1 Position – Part Time)
STATUS: Part Time
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: November 30, 2017
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Complete playback of programmes according to traffic schedule while ensuring that technical standards are met and CRTC logging procedures are followed.
- Respond to scheduling changes promptly and advise appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Responsible for quality evaluation, troubleshooting, and acquisition of multiple incoming signals.
- Communicate effectively with feed originators.
- Accountable for the proper transmission of the broadcast signals. Report any faults and abnormalities in transmission of the television signal.
- Effectively operate the automation system, asset management software, and various peripheral equipment in the master control facility.
- Ingest material to video server using prescribed methods.
- Manage both physical and digital media assets (i.e.: ensure that tapes are properly filed, maintain a reasonable amount of free space on the video server by purging files according to procedure.)
- When required, perform traffic responsibilities with accuracy and timeliness.
- Complete dub requests in a timely manner.
- Work with engineering staff to report faults and ensure that integrity of master control facility is not compromised. Perform basic troubleshooting and equipment maintenance as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED):
- Personal Qualities: Innovation/Creative Thinking, Problem Solving/Judgement, Listening, Understanding and Responding, Interpersonal Skills, Team Player
- Ability to work to exacting standards and procedures under high stress situations.
- Pursuing or completed a post-secondary television broadcasting program.
- Knowledge of how to use waveform/vector scope monitors and audio/sound field monitors.
- Knowledge of various production equipment including servers, routers, switchers, graphic systems.
- Knowledge of standard and high definition video platforms, aspect ratios, and file based broadcast operations.
- Proficient computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, data entry.
- Able to work on a rotating shift schedule that includes evenings, overnights, and weekends.
- Bilingualism (French/English) an asset.
1750-45 O’Connor Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 1A4
Attention: Patricia Hutton, Human Resources
EMAIL : firstname.lastname@example.org
CPAC is an equal opportunity employer.