Involved in broadcasting or want to be? Into Canadian politics and public affairs? Then we’d like to hear from you. CPAC offers challenging careers in a unique national public affairs broadcasting environment. Our broadcast center at the World Exchange Plaza in downtown Ottawa is a state-of-the-art facility just two blocks from the corridors of power — while Ottawa itself offers a quality of life that many feel is unparalleled.
CPAC is committed to the principle of employment equity. While remaining sensitive to the issue of fair and equitable treatment for all, we will seek to establish a workplace representative of the people we serve by implementing employment equity policies and procedures with respect to Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women (i.e. “the designated groups”).
POSITION: Director, Multimedia and Creative Content
STATUS: Full Time
POSTING PERIOD: July 12, 2017 – August 18, 2017
CPAC, the Cable Public Affairs Channel, is Canada’s only privately-owned, commercial free, not for profit, bilingual licensed television service. Created in 1992 by a consortium of cable companies to preserve an independent editorial voice for Canada’s democratic process. CPAC provides a window on Parliament, politics and public affairs in Canada and around the world. Since 1992, the cable industry has invested more than $50 million in CPAC, and today CPAC programming is delivered by cable, satellite and wireless distributors to over 11 million homes in Canada and worldwide via 24/7 webcasting.
Under the leadership of a dynamic and experienced President/General Manager, CPAC is committed to providing Canadians with access on the democratic processes and policy discussions that impact all citizens.
As part of this process, CPAC is seeking a leader to join our team in the role of Director, Multimedia and Creative Content. Reporting directly to the President/GM, the ideal candidate is responsible for content production on our TV channel and all of CPAC’s digital properties. The ideal candidate will bring an innovative and creative vision for CPAC and be a strategic leader in producing compelling and informative television and digital content for all platforms with the aim of engaging and expanding CPAC’s audience.
The Director, Multimedia and Creative content will work closely with our editorial and communications departments to ensure the most effective dissemination and promotion of CPAC content. The incumbent will also be involved with policy development, financial analyses, human resources and management functions, as well as representing CPAC in meetings and conferences.
With a degree in a relevant discipline such as Journalism, TV Production or Digital Media and seven to ten years professional experience in broadcasting and digital platforms at a senior management level, the candidate must be able to communicate effectively in both English and French (orally and written) and possess strong project management skills as well as have demonstrated extensive and effective supervisory experience. We are seeking an individual who can provide direction, and information on policies and procedures, can collect and analyze relevant data to make accurate and timely decisions and understands the flow of funds within a not for profit broadcasting organization.
The Cable Public Affairs Channel is committed to fostering a positive work environment and workplace culture. We are committed to create an environment that recognizes, supports, respects and welcomes diversity of employees.
To apply for this position, please submit your application to Patricia Hutton by August 18th, 2017 at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
POSITION: Technical Support Representative
STATUS: Full Time
POSTING PERIOD: July 13, 2017 – July 31, 2017
The Cable Public Affairs Channel, CPAC, Canada’s only privately-owned, national, bilingual, not-for-profit public affairs television network is seeking an experienced Technical Support Representative to join our team. This individual will be the front-line technical support for CPAC staff, be responsible for monitoring and maintaining the IT systems and networks, and assist with server and infrastructure setup. The ideal candidate will provide excellent customer service and possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Installing and configuring computer systems and necessary peripheral devices;
- Diagnosing and repairing network, hardware, system and software faults;
- Monitoring and maintaining computer system and networks including but not limited to: antivirus, WSUS, IIS and Apache, VMware, AD, NetApp, Stornext, HP servers and switches, MS Clusters, MS SQL, and Avaya VOIP systems;
- Deploy and install images, software packages, drivers, operating systems, anti-virus and user applications;
- Provide on call support after hours, and scheduled maintenance outside of regular business hours;
- Respond and solve customer issues quickly and without escalation while working with end users to identify computer problems and implement solutions;
- Log and keep record of user queries and create and maintain self-help documents for end-users;
- Undertake other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED):
- Degree, diploma or certificate in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or Software Engineering. MCSA or MCSE certification a definite asset;
- Two years administrative experience with Microsoft server products, mail services, anti-virus products, database services, networking and backup systems;
- Bilingual (English and French) preferred;
- Extensive experience supporting MS Windows 7 and 10 as well as Office Products;
- Relevant industry certifications and knowledge, Linux experience, and knowledge of web video streaming technology and codecs are considered an asset;
- Knowledge of internet skills and data privacy principles;
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service in providing superior end user application and desktop support in a corporate environment;
- Ability to communicate complex information in simple clear terms;
- Ability to deal with difficult situations and perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to multitask and follow direction to meet deadlines as required;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team.
1750-45 O’Connor Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 1A4
Attention: Patricia Hutton, Human Resources
Fax: (613) 567-2741
EMAIL : email@example.com
CPAC is an equal opportunity employer.