THE CANADIAN PRESS/Liam Richards
Former MP for North Vancouver, B.C. (2008-2015).
Former parliamentary secretary for Treasury Board, finance, and Western Economic Diversification.
First elected to Parliament in 2008.
- Favours “common-sense practical conservatism, where government is limited yet effective, where low taxes and sound public finances help create jobs and economic growth, and where equality-of-opportunity and support for Canadians in pursuit of their dreams are at the core of the government’s agenda.”
- Balanced budget except for war, natural disaster, or recession
- “Full participant” in coalition against ISIS
- Opposed to federal price on carbon, wants harmonized regulations with the United States
- More face-to-face interviews of potential immigrants
- More youth apprenticeship opportunities
- Promises open and fair local nominations, lowered membership fees