UPDATED September 27, 2017 8:52amET
Appearing ahead of Morneau are a variety of witnesses, including the Canadian Medical Association, Dairy Farmers of Canada, and the Canadian Federation of Independent Grocers.
MPs debate a motion that calls for a committee study of federally-funded health research.
Also in committee:
- There’s a rare combined meeting of two committees – immigration and public safety – on asylum seekers entering Canada from the United States. MPs hear from the RCMP, CBSA, and government officials. LIVE ONLINE 8:45am ET / 5:45am PT
- International Development Minister Marie-Claude Bibeau appears at the foreign affairs committee to discuss development finance. LIVE ONLINE 11am ET / 8am PT
- At the human resources committee, Auditor General Michael Ferguson discusses his report on the Temporary Foreign Worker Program. LIVE ONLINE 3:30pm ET / 12:30pm PT
- Democratic Institutions Minister Karina Gould discusses Bill C-50 at the procedure committee.
- The indigenous affairs committee continues cross-country hearings in Quebec City.
Here’s more Today in Politics with Mark Sutcliffe: