April 11, 2017 6amET
MPs consider Senate amendments to Bill C-224, a private member’s bill offering criminal immunity for those seeking emergency assistance for an illegal drug overdose – either themselves or another person.
- The status of women continues to study Bill C-337, with testimony from judicial organizations and academic experts. LIVE ONLINE 8:45am ET / 5:45am PT
- A trio of ministers discuss estimates at the human resources committee: Jean-Yves Duclos (Families, Children and Social Development), Patty Hajdu (Employment, Workforce Development and Labour), and Carla Qualtrough (Sport and Persons with Disabilities). LIVE ONLINE 12pm ET / 9am PT
- International Trade Minister François-Philippe Champagne appears at the trade committee. LIVE ONLINE 3:30pm ET / 12:30pm PT
- Patrick Borbey, nominated to serve as president of the Public Service Commission, appears at the government operations committee.
- AFN National Chief Perry Bellegarde and former candidate for chief, Pam Palmater, both testify at the indigenous affairs committee on default prevention and management.
- The health committee continues with testimony on the effects of sexually explicit online material.
- Air Canada and WestJet officials are among those briefing the transport committee on aviation safety.
- FINTRAC director Gérald Cossette testifies at the ethics committee.
- Academics and lawyers discuss Bill S-217 at the justice committee.
- The Senate fisheries committee studies a bill to end whale and dolphin captivity, with testimony from Phil Demers – an animal trainer involved in a long-running legal dispute over conditions at Marineland in Niagara Falls, Ont. LIVE ONLINE 5pm ET / 2pm PT