UPDATED May 16, 2017 12:30pmET
Opposition Leader Rona Ambrose has confirmed her plan to resign from Parliament this summer after serving as interim Conservative leader:
— CPAC (@CPAC_TV) May 16, 2017
Tributes are expected in the House of Commons at 3pm ET / 12pm PT, following question period.
Transport Minister Marc Garneau unveiled the government’s new legislation that includes air passenger rights and more access for foreign carriers.
Read Bill C-49 in full:
Also: MPs vote on last week’s NDP motion on the Canada Infrastructure Bank. The House of Commons considers Senate amendments to Bill C-7, with a time allocation motion and vote. And Bill C-309 is at report stage.
- Agriculture Minister Lawrence MacAulay discusses main estimates at the Commons agriculture committee. LIVE ONLINE 11am ET / 8am PT
- Science Minister Kirsty Duncan also discusses main estimates, at the industry committee. LIVE ONLINE 8:45am ET / 5:45am PT
- House of Commons Speaker Geoff Regan answers questions on the chamber’s main estimates at the procedure committee, followed by Elections Canada officials. LIVE ONLINE 11am ET / 8am PT
- Former justice minister and MP Irwin Cotler and Lilian Tintori, wife of jailed politician Léopoldo Lopez, discuss the situation in Venezuela with members of the human rights subcommittee. LIVE ONLINE 1:30pm ET / 10:30am PT
- The trade committee continues to hear from business and labour groups on North American trade issues and the future of NAFTA. LIVE ONLINE 3:30pm ET / 12:30pm PT
- MPs on the finance committee continue to hear testimony on the budget implementation bill. LIVE ONLINE 3:30pm ET / 12:30pm PT
- Indigenous Affairs Minister Carolyn Bennett answers questions on Bill S-3 at the Senate aboriginal peoples committee. LIVE ONLINE 3:30pm ET / 12:pm PT
- Environment Minister Catherine McKenna discusses Bill C-18 at the Senate environment committee. LIVE ONLINE 5pm ET / 2pm PT