UPDATED May 9, 2017 8:57amET
Second-reading debate on the budget implementation bill (C-44) is expected to conclude in the House of Commons.
MPs vote on yesterday’s opposition day motion concerning Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan.
Bill C-277 reaches report stage.
- Transport Minister Marc Garneau and Infrastructure Minister Amarjeet Sohi discuss estimates at the Commons transport committee. LIVE ONLINE 12pm ET / 9am PT
- MPs on the international trade committee question Ford and GM executives on North American trade. LIVE ONLINE 3:30pm ET / 12:30pm PT
- The procedure committee begins its look at the privilege question on the movement of MPs on Parliament Hill on budget day. Today’s witnesses include House Speaker Geoff Regan, acting clerk Marc Bosc, senior members of the Parliamentary Protective Service, and Conservative MPs Maxime Bernier and Lisa Raitt. LIVE ONLINE 11am ET / 8am PT
- The justice committee looks at possible amendments to Bill S-217.
- Ukrainian parliamentarians brief the foreign affairs committee.
- The health committee hears testimony on compensation for thalidomide survivors.
- Former justice minister Irwin Cotler discusses Iran at the human rights subcommittee.