We’ll bring you coverage of Prime Minister Stephen Harper’s meeting with U.S. President Barack Obama in Washington.
Also, Martin Stringer speaks with his journalist guests: Susan Lunn, parliamentary reporter for CBC Radio, and Daniel Proussalidis, parliamentary bureau chief for Astral Media. They’ll discuss:
1. The Harper/Obama meeting:
* What was achieved?
* Specifically, what about the discussions of a “Security Perimeter” with the Americans?
2. The Return of Parliament:
Parliamentarians wrapped up their first week back in Ottawa after the six-week holiday recess. We’ll look at the political landscape…
* Are we headed towards a spring election, triggered by next month’s federal budget?
* Which party might be amenable to supporting the budget, and preventing an election?
* What are the political considerations behind it all?
Having covered the Canadian political scene for more than 25 years, Martin is as politically astute as he is savvy. He joined CPAC in 1996 and has covered leadership races, political conventions and federal elections, serving as PrimeTime Politics’ Hill correspondent daily and host of the show’s Friday edition. Martin began his career as a reporter for CBC Radio in Quebec City and also worked for seven years as national and international producer for CBC Radio’s flagship show, As It Happens.