Involved in broadcasting or want to be? Into Canadian politics and public affairs? Then we’d like to hear from you. CPAC offers challenging careers in a unique national public affairs broadcasting environment. Our broadcast center at the World Exchange Plaza in downtown Ottawa is a state-of-the-art facility just two blocks from the corridors of power — while Ottawa itself offers a quality of life that many feel is unparalleled.
CPAC is committed to the principle of employment equity. While remaining sensitive to the issue of fair and equitable treatment for all, we will seek to establish a workplace representative of the people we serve by implementing employment equity policies and procedures with respect to Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women (i.e. “the designated groups”).
POSITION: Master Control Operator (Part Time)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: July 19, 2019
The Cable Public Affairs Channel (CPAC) is Canada’s window on democracy. As the only national, bilingual media outlet focused exclusively on Canadian politics, CPAC is unique in the Canadian media landscape. Come be a part of this innovative, creative and nimble team.
- Complete playback of programming with closed captioning according to traffic schedule while ensuring that technical standards are met and procedures are followed.
- Respond to scheduling changes promptly and advise appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Responsible for quality evaluation, troubleshooting, acquisition, and recording of multiple incoming signals.
- Communicate effectively with feed originators, live production staff, producers, traffic, and management.
- Accountable for the proper transmission and monitoring of the broadcast signals. Report any faults and abnormalities in transmission of the television signal.
- Effectively operate the automation system, asset management software, and various peripheral equipment in the master control facility.
- Work with engineering staff to report faults and ensure that integrity of master control facility is not compromised. Perform basic troubleshooting and equipment maintenance as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED):
- Personal Qualities: Innovation/Creative Thinking, Problem Solving/Judgement, Listening, Understanding and Responding, Interpersonal Skills.
- Ability to work to exacting standards and procedures under high stress situations.
- Must be a team player, able to communicate with other operators, management, and station personnel.
- Must be able to work without supervision.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, push, pull, reach, walk, and sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Completion of a post-secondary television broadcasting program or equivalent experience in a television master control.
- Knowledge of how to use waveform/vectorscope monitors and professional audio/sound field monitors.
- Knowledge of various production equipment including servers, routers, switchers, graphic systems. Prior experience with Dalet, Chyron graphics, Crispin automation, Evertz routers and switchers is an asset.
- Knowledge of standard and high definition video platforms, aspect ratios, and file based broadcast operations.
- Experience with Microsoft Office including working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Available to work any shift for a 24/7/365 operation including weekends, overnights, and holidays. Able to work on a rotating shift schedule.
- Bilingualism (French/English) an asset.
Director of Human Resources
1750-45 O’Connor Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 1A4
Fax: (613) 567-2741
EMAIL : firstname.lastname@example.org
CPAC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.