May 10, 2018 6:15amET
- Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale answers questions on his department’s spending plans at the Commons public safety committee. Goodale’s portfolio includes the RCMP, Canada Border Services Agency, and CSIS. His appearance comes amid continued questions about the government’s handling of asylum seekers illegally crossing the Canada-U.S. border.
- The Senate social affairs committee hears from colleagues on the foreign affairs committee, following testimony by medical experts, as work continues on the cannabis bill (C-45). LIVE ONLINE at 10:30am ET / 7:30am PT
- The ethics committee study on Cambridge Analytica and Facebook continues this morning. Witnesses include United Kingdom information commissioner Elizabeth Denham, B.C. privacy commissioner Michael McEvoy, Google Canada’s Colin McKay, and former BlackBerry chairman Jim Balsillie (Council of Canadian Innovators). LIVE ONLINE at 8:45am ET / 5:45am PT
- Public Services and Procurement Minister Carla Qualtrough discusses spending plans for her department and various agencies (including Canada Post) at the government operations committee. LIVE ONLINE at 11am ET / 8am PT
- The environment committee considers amendments to Bill C-69.
Also in the House of Commons:
- Bill C-326 is considered at report stage.